Training Workshop on Water Security for Juba and Shabelle River Basins in Somalia
100 professionals across the globe attended the training workshop on Water Security for Juba and Shabelle River Basins in Somalia which jointly presented by Abdullahi Hassan , who is the member of management committee of Water Security and Safety Management of International Water Association (IWA) and Founder of SONRREC and Professor Eckstein who is the #President of International Water Resources Association (IWRA) and Executive Council of International Association for Water Law. Many critical issues on Water security in relation to international water law have been discussed scientifically.
The training was an excellent one and the participants gained a knowledge on water security and transboundary river basins issues and actions to manage and secure the water in a sustainable manner through local, national, regional and global level. The following Key Topics were covered:
- Water Security at Global and Continental Level
- Water Security at Regional Level (IGAD Member State and HoA)
- Somalia Water Security- Juba and Shabelle River Basins
- Water Security in relation to International Water Law
- Water Security in the face of Climate Change